Wednesday, April 08, 2009

It's a Mileage Milestone :: Jeep Wrangler Hits 200,000 Miles

I've blogged about my Jeep Wrangler before ... I love my Jeep. I've had it since February of 1997. Bought it at a now closed dealership on the westside of Cleveland.

Well, recently I hit a mileage milestone: 200,000

Of course, I was driving and I determined that, oh, I am going to exceed 200,000 on this road trip. Some of you might not think that that's a big deal, but that is huge. Because it's all mine. I've driven nearly all 200,000 miles. The only other person to really drive my Jeep at all is my sis (love that my sis can drive a stick shift).

It's been fun w/my Jeep too. I remember one time when I first got it and I had taken the top off, but I did not look at the weather forecast. I was on the highway driving from Cleveland to Akron and it started to rain. As in rain, rain. Lucky me there is a rest stop that wasn't too far away. So I pull into the rest stop and start to work on getting the top up (this is when the 'no frills' thing is not a selling point). Anyway, I don't know if I appeared to be struggling or not, but a couple of guys walked over and offered to help. The one guy noted that he used to own a Jeep Wrangler. Just a nice gesture.

Which brings me to my next point about the Jeep Wrangler: there is a Jeep Wrangler wave! As in a greeting. When one Jeep Wrangler driver sees another, we always throw up a wave or a peace sign. That is so cool. I remember when I first moved to Pittsburgh and another Jeep Wrangler spotted me and gave the wave. Just made me feel welcome. Again, it's a nice gesture. It's also funny when the Jeep Wrangler wave takes place and someone is with me. They will say, do you know them? And I have to explain the Jeep Wrangler wave, which is sort of corny, but is really kinda cool.

What's to love about the Jeep Wrangler?
  • No frills
  • decent gas mileage
  • very 'cool' factor when the top is down
  • American made
Someone recently asked me if I've ever taken it off-road? The answer is yes. I used to drive on the trails at Salt Fork State Park in Ohio. Love that park (btw, the largest state park in Ohio).

But just as much as I love it, it does have its shortcomings. My Jeep has been broken into several times (via let's cut through the plastic windows). The loss has varied from my Public Enemy "Fear of a Black Planet" cd to an expensive audio recorder. Also, the plastic windows can be a bit complicated at times - like at toll booths.

Well, I think that's plenty on me and my Jeep Wrangler ... at least for now. I'm going to celebrate the mileage milestone by getting some new 'skins' for my windows. that just means I'm replacing the plastic windows - taking off the old skins and getting new ones ; $219 for a pair. Yay me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home