Monday, May 18, 2009

Music Monday 28 :: Sergio Mendes' "Timeless"

Here's a cd that I can listen to from front to back w/out skipping any tracks in between. That's because Sergio Mendes is phenomenal. Then he went and got will.i.am, who's phenomenal, to produce most of the "Timeless" project.

I like hip hop, it is the genre that I enjoy most. For Mendes to infuse hip hop throughout "Timeless" just made my day. He pulled in a pretty high end guest list as well: Jill Scott, Q-Tip, Stevie Wonder, John Legend and many more including one of my favs Black Thought from The Roots.

Though my love for hip hop is evident on the disc, it does cross genres too. There's some RnB flavor, some samba and reggaeton.

My fav tracks are "Yes, Yes Y'all", "The Frog" and my number one, "That Heat". I love the tempo on "That Heat". The lyrics are okay ... but I do like what Erykah Badu brings to the table as well; she brings a little bit of mellow and sultriness. Check it out if you get a chance.


That Heat - Sergio Mendes

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home