Monday, September 28, 2009

Music Monday 40 :: Cairo Jazz Club

A few weeks ago, we ventured over to the Cairo Jazz Club. Our new found friend, Amina, mentioned that they were having a jam session. Jully Black was in town from Toronto and she wanted to check out the music scene in Cairo.



I love the atmosphere in the Cairo Jazz Club. It's not too far from where I live in Zamalek. Like many places in Cairo though, the exterior building looks more than a bit rundown. So I was pleasantly surprised when we saw the nicely decorated and contemporary interior of the club. It's nice and cozy, as a jazz club should be, and the acoustics were okay.

The stage area is small, but the night that I went, the nine piece Hot Potato Band seemed comfortable, after all it's about the music, right?

Haven't had a chance to return yet since the club was closed for Ramadan.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to upload the video. I'll keep trying, but until then you'll just have to take my word for it, that it was a good time had by all. The vid starts out w/some pics then there's a nine minute video of Black gettin her groove on w/the band ... until the power goes out. Good times indeed.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So, you're taking me here when I come visit, right? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home