Thursday, March 29, 2007

Who's complaining?

So I finally got around to watching Tuesday's Oprah show on Wednesday evening. It was a good show; she covered a lot of topics and it was called the good news show. For the record, I like Oprah and I DVR the show daily.

Well, one segment really intrigued me and that was the 'Stop Whining/Complaining' segment. There was a pastor on who talked about a challenge to rid the world of complaints and complainers ... wow ...

It is an interesting concept. The plan is based on wearing a purple bracelet and the goal is to not complain for 21 consecutive days (it seems that research shows that it takes about 21 days to form a habit). If you do find yourself complaining, you should take the bracelet and put it on the other wrist. You do this until you've worn the bracelet for 21 days and picked up a new and positive habit of not complaining.

I have already put in my request for a bracelet (I also ordered some to pass along to others) ... and I think I will complain until it arrives. No, really, I've been consciously working on this endeavor since I saw the Tuesday show. If you, too, are traveling down this complaint-free road, all the best! It seems a bit 'secret-like' to me. So it should be a bit easier to think of the positive in what may appear as a negative situation.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I live in NYC. If we don't complain, we die. It's part of who we are. And besides, I would need to have several of these bracelets on each arm--going all the way up to my shoulders. And then I'd complain about the weight.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Yes, the culture of complaining. I am very familiar w/that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home