Monday, June 15, 2009

Music Monday 31 :: "Animal House" Soundtrack


"Animal House Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (1978)

T
his is absolutely THEE best soundtrack ever!

It's hard for me to single out one track that is the standout on this soundtrack. I've been known to start this one out and let it play all the way through. I must admit though that I have this one on cassette. That sort of limits its playback these days since the cassette player in my car is on the blink.

That's where Imeem comes in handy. I was able to track down most of the tracks on Imeem. There are several Sam Cooke: "What a Wonderful World" and "Twistin the Night Away". Good stuff.

I love the interludes that include clips from the movie too. I am a big John Belushi fan. Love him from his Saturday Night Live (SNL) days. That's how I got into "Animal House" in the first place. I even had a toga party for my 17th birthday. It was soooo much fun.

Anyway, another fond memory from the movie was the group Otis Day and the Knights. Hilarious. That's especially why I like "Shout" and "Shama Lama Ding Dong". Classic.

Here's "Shama Lama Ding Dong":


Shama Lama Ding Dong - Otis Redding


Here's the track listing:

1. Faber College Theme
2. Louie, Louie - John Belushi
3. Twistin' the Night Away - Sam Cooke
4. Tossin' and Turnin' - Bobby Lewis, Bobby Lewis
5. Shama Lama Ding Dong - Lloyd Williams
6. Hey Paula - Paul & Paula
7. Animal House - Stephen Bishop
8. Intro
9. Money (That's What I Want) - John Belushi
10. Let's Dance - Chris Montez
11. Dream Girl - Stephen Bishop
12. Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
13. Shout - Lloyd Williams
14. Faber College Theme

So much fun ... what do you think of this soundtrack? Memories for you too...?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home