Monday, July 20, 2009

Music Monday 34 :: "Walk Like An Egyptian"

The Bangles "Walk Like An Egyptian" (1986)

My sister is responsible for this Music Monday post. I am in the process of relocating to Cairo, Egypt to teach journalism for a year.

My sister has hosted two going away parties for me, one in D.C. and one upcoming in my hometown. Each of the invites has "Walk Like An Egyptian" as the theme. At least she has that title posted. Do you think she is obsessed with it?

So let's go back in time, 1986 was the year that The Bangles had the hit "Walk Like An Egyptian". I recall this so fondly because I worked at my college radio station, WOUB at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. This song was very popular. And there used to be a kids show that played it allllll the time. The show was on public radio, but it escapes me at the moment.



Do you remember the dance that went w/the song? You don't have to actually admit it, but I totally recall it.

Funny thing is someone tells me that the Egyptian references in the song are on point. I'll try to verify that when I get there.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home