Saturday, August 01, 2009

My Natural Hair: Locs

A few weeks ago, I received an email from author Lori Johnson. She is so down-to-earth. She wrote "After the Dance". It is a very good book. the characters are well developed as is the storyline. Lori used to live in Cleveland where she was in a writing group w/two of my reading group members. So of course, when Lori got published we had to read her book. For that reading group meeting, Lori joined us via conference call. It was a wonderful discussion. Lori and I have been in touch w/one another since then.

Well, Lori is working on her second book "Natural Woman". I am a bit anxious, since I've read her first book. In preparation for "Natural Woman", Lori's is doing a series of profiles of women w/natural hair. I was fortunate enough to be one of those women profiled. Very cool.
I don't know how long the series will last, but it's been both insightful and resourceful in terms of what women are experiencing as they rock their natural hair and tips and information about natural hair.

Lori also tells me that there is a rather fruitful picking of natural hair groups on Facebook.

Make sure that you can get a complete look at the "Natural Women" series. You might still be able to get profiled for the series. Just send her an email. You'll find her contact info on her blog.

You can also check out a slide show of my natural hair.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home