Thursday, July 30, 2009

FAQ About My Relocation to Cairo, Egypt

Here are my responses to some of the questions that I have been asked about relocating to Cairo, Egypt:

Where will I be teaching?
The American University in Cairo (AUC)

Is the school affiliated w/American University in Washington, DC?
No

Is it an English speaking school?
Yes

What will you be teaching?
Radio Journalism

How'd I find out about the job?
Job posting on The Chronicle of Higher Education website

How long is my teaching contract?
At least one academic year (nine months), with the option to extend

Is the job a part of a larger program?
No

Where will I live?
The university provides housing for faculty.

Will I have to wear a berka?
No

What will I do w/my Jeep?
Leaving it at my grandmother's house.


That's all for now ... my departure date is nearing - Saturday, August 1. I will arrive in Cairo sometime on August 3.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home