Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Faces

I don't talk much about how I feel about the war in Iraq. I try to avoid watching or hearing about it. And I can certainly control how much I read about it. It is sort of difficult to suppress this topic since I teach media related course; many which deal with current events. Additionally, I really enjoy watching the Sunday morning news programs: Meet the Press, This Week, and Face the Nation. I like Meet the Press the most or that is the one I've watching most consistently over the years.

So I consume a great deal of media.

I also browse the web with some frequency just checking out cool websites. I really like to search out slick multimedia websites. I often get some good leads from Al Tompkins of the Poynter Institute.

I say all of this to say, I am not happy about the number of deaths as it relates to the War in Iraq. It is so numbing to see and hear the names. I appreciate getting the info, but it makes me sad and sometimes it makes me mad. It makes me mad to see the age of the deceased soldiers ...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home