Monday, March 17, 2008

What I Don't Do

I came to the realization only last week that I am a little different than the average Joe.

I went to spend some time w/friends on the west coast. Only to discover that I am a big dose of "oh, I don't do/eat/drink that!"

Here's how it looks (and I'm sure that its looks somewhat quirky from your view):
  • I don't drink alcohol or liquor or wine
  • I don't consume caffeine (well, small doses; I have a negative reaction)
  • I don't like cats (and frankly, they do not like me)
  • I don't eat beef or pork
  • I don't eat after 7 p.m. (unless I know that I will be up late)
That is a bit of a WOW-ser even as I look at it. I did not start all of this at the same time, but I can see how it looks a bit prohibitive to the average person.

There is a different reason why I abide by each of my little guidelines, but no need for all those details. The thing that gets most folks is "well, what will you eat?" Don't worry about me and food; give me a menu and I will discover something to line my belly! Usually veggies will do the trick; there is nothing like a heaping plate of salad greens, eh? :-)

And "what will you drink?" Water, w/lemon; juice; a smoothie ... just to name a few.

Oh, and you can always count on me to be the DD; the designated driver - so drink up!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home