Monday, March 10, 2008

Parking Lots as Speedways

Here is my pet peeve and I promise that I will not dwell on this or any other negativities.

But lately I've noticed that parking lots have become part-time speedways. It's crazy. I find myself playing the role of a video game target - dodging and dashing trying to avoid an automobile.

What is the deal and the sort of impatience that accompanies this tendency for drivers to aim their ten tons of steel at pedestrians?

I just want a little more patience, so that I can relish the sale items that I just purchased instead of looking and being startled into either halting my steps or puttin some pep in my step.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Hmm . . . my husband had the same complaint about the parking lots when we lived in Ohio.

Of course, where we live now--the home of NASCAR--speed is what it's all about, at least on the streets. Folks here will at least cut you a break in the parking lot (smile).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home