Saturday, March 01, 2008

...Too Many Words at Once

I love to read. I read a lot. I've reduced the number of mags that come directly to my house, but I still get one trade magazine, TV Week, one journal, Popular Culture and I have a daily delivery of USA Today. Those are just the hard copies; I read a wealth of info on the web too.

But what I don't do is multiple books at one time. I like to focus on the content. So guess what I am doing? Reading more than one book at a time. I am reading James Frye's "A Million Little Pieces". I know that I am late on this one. And it's a bit strange reading it after Oprah glossed him over on her show. Still it's an easy read that does not require much focus.

Also on my immediate list is Dr. Wayne Dyer's "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life". I saw him on Ellen a few weeks ago and it piqued my interest. It's a good one, however, I determined that it would be best is I read a section and then try to 'practice' what I've read. For example, the second section focused on 'just be'. So I am working on being non-judgmental and just letting things be...

I have "The Secret" on my bedside. I've read this one already, but I'm back to it and I've flipped through it in the past week or so. I also actually began my visual journal. I could do a much better job on the journal especially since I make cards and various paper crafts, but oh well. I'm doing one and that is a good step.

My reading group is reading "Upstate: A Novel" by Kalisha Buchanon - this is for our annual retreat. I have yet to start reading this one, but I am anxious to get to it. It is written solely using letters.

Finally, I am about to pick up "Finding Your Own North Star..." by Martha Beck. My colleague recommended it and I have been on the hunt for it ever since. No one has it actually in store, but I can order it. Whatever, I guess I will have to place the order in the next day or so. The book is supposed to help guide me in finding my passion in life.

So enough of the blogging thing, I've got some reading to do ...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey RadioGirl,
Welcome to the club! I've long been guilty of reading more than one book at a time (smile).

These days though, I'm too pressed for time to read much of anything. As a matter of fact, currently, my two guys (son & hubby) are out reading me. I shared some of my own thoughts on the matter in a post on my own blog this past weekend.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

I read that post w/the good looking guy in the photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home