Monday, January 12, 2009

Music Monday 10 :: Robert Randolph and the Family Band

I don't know much about Robert Randolph and the Family Band, but what I do know is that they make incredible music. It's funky. It's fun. It has character and layers.

I'm trying to determine if I first noticed them on one of the late night talk shows ... probably. I remember the song was "Ain't Nothing Wrong With That". That song will get you going. It has a rock influence, but it does not come off as a hard-edged rock song. I love that the video matches the energy in the song.



Their most recent project was 2006's "Color Blind". Which includes the above mentioned track as well as Robert Randolph and the Family Band's cover of "Jesus is Just Alright" featuring Eric Clapton.

Other Robert Randolph and the Family Band Resources:
I am certain that they will be performing at at least one of the popular outdoor festivals this year. I can only hope that they are working on a new project.

Have you seen them perform live? Do share your experience.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home