So much music to listen to ...
My music pile is stacking up.
Here's what's on the list:
Mary J. Blige "Growing Pains"
- You can't go wrong w/Mary ... love that "Just Fine" cut
- I like a few of her tracks; most are too mellow for my liking, but it's worth a listen
- Obviously, I was not quick to jump on this one, but after hearing several songs that I like, I've caved it; it's in my system and ready for action ... crazy thing is I have two different mixtapes of this disk
- I am totally on the fence w/this one; the radio has been saturated w/"Shawty is a 10" (which by the way is not the version that is on the unedited disk)
Need to get:
Lupe Fiasco "The Cool"
- I will certainly be spending my next dime on this here disk. I was a huge fan of "Food & Liquor"; the vibe on this one has been all good too - word is the message is in the music
Wu Tang Clan "The 8 Diagrams"
- Unbeknownst to many, I am a fan of the Wu! Talent lurks in many places ...
Alicia Keys "As I Am"
- I've heard that this one falls a bit flat; need to hear it for myself because I really like "Like You'll Never See Me Again" and "No One"; again, slow jams, but I mellow out every now and then
Saul Williams "The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust"
- That title spells intrigue, right? I've known him for his poetry and I was quite keen on 04's "Saul Williams" So count me in on this one